Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pictures from Fort Portal


Public Health friends take note: A postage stamp depicting the Ebola outbreak!


One of the many beautiful views as we walk to and from the office




That big brown fuzzy looking building in the background is Mucwa



Janis with some of the delicious caramel corn that she makes.  She's taught me how to pop popcorn on the stove top - a useful life skill


A evening picture taken at the beautiful Mountains of the Moon resort.  The night that we came here for the first time, there was no power in town and we were desperate for an internet connection (and Janis wanted a real coffee).  We got what we were looking for.


Janis with the first cup of brewed coffee that she found in Fort Portal


Cookie ingredients..yum!


Cookie dough....yummm also!


The oven which takes a lifetime to get to temperature



The cookies!  So good!



My room.... And yes I intentionally picked the pink blanket!

Closet with mirror



Comfy chair which I never sit in but always put stuff on


The happy internet place where I am right now!



The en suite bathroom to my room.  We wash our clothes in the bathtub!  And yes, that's a moose on my towel, there's a Canada flag too but it's hidden.


Main bathroom which Janis and Will use (Will is our American roommate).  That shower delivers the best hot shower I've found in Africa!



Our wonderful kitchen!



Dining area and living room




Me working on an art project that turned out to be incredibly ugly!  This was before I got really busy with my research.



Ugly art project


View from our front porch



More view from our front porch



And more view from our front porch



Fort Portal

More areas around Fort Portal

The view as we walked around seeing different churches


Living room and dining area




Exterior of the house

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home