Friday, November 17, 2006

HIV/AIDS Preparations

Written Saturday, November 11th

It looks as though Lindsey and I will be starting to do more work related to our “official” job descriptions. In early December there will be a summer camp for the kids before they break for their holidays. During the camp I will be leading classes on HIV and AIDS. I’m really excited about it. Right now I think that I will be using some of the curriculum that I brought from Canada, supplementing it with some other activities such as creative writing, drama, poetry, art, games and anything else that will help to make the lessons more interesting. I’m hoping that this camp will be a springboard for some other education. Some of the kids have expressed interest in developing some dramas to perform in the neighbouring towns and schools. It would also be great to do some seminars for the people in the villages. Camp will be starting very shortly. We have a lot of work to do and we’re still waiting for more instruction on what we should prepare. It’s going to be a busy few weeks between now and then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home