Sunday, September 10, 2006

Today's Great Accomplishment - Packing Practice

Today's great accomplishment was spending an hour and a half in my basement listening to the Ayiesha Woods CD, packing all of my things into my bags. I'm not leaving until Wednesday, but I wanted to make sure that everything would fit and be under the weight limit of 50lbs. (I'm flying with British Airways and they have become very strict about these things recently.)

It look as though everything will fit. The weight limit is a bit of a concern though! My large duffle bag is about 65lbs (thanks, Dad, for using the bathroom scale to weight it) and my smaller bag is about 40lbs. I can transfer some things around, but I think that I will have to remove a few things! Things that will be removed are: a box of Tide laundry detergent (I can buy that in Nairobi); some of the books; and some of the latex medical gloves. The food is pretty heavy, but I'm quite reluctant to take that out because its food, and I'm in a foreign country and each packed item of food has great value to me! Let me explain: peanut butter, mixed nuts and beef jerky for protein; cream of wheat for iron, granola bars to help fill the void between meals and cookies, M&Ms and candy for a treat. I suppose that if I'm not able to get the weight down lower, I'll have to cut some of the junk food. Anyone feel like mailing me M&Ms?! Just kidding!

My stuff before it's packed

My bags before they're packed

The liquid products are secured in baggies

The essential food stuffs

The bags after packing (notice the scale in the upper left corner!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home