Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It’s All in the Name


Written Saturday, June 12, 2010

One of the most amusing things I find with Africa is the names that people choose to give to their businesses. I’m sure that in the African setting the names don’t seem like anything unusual or humourous, but for someone growing up in Canada reading some of the shop names can’t help but bring a smile to your face.

Here are a few that I spotted traveling on the road between Kampala and Entebbe (spelling mistakes intentionally included):

Joy Supermarket

Top Lead Dry Cleaners

Shalom Unisex Beauty Salon

Cindrella Super Market

Classic Cosmetics Shop

Gentle Pub 2

Cash Play Dipo

Airport Way Place

Quality Shopping Village

MJ Food Bureau

Divine Grace Wholesalers

Dreams Guest House & Gardens

Kampala Snack Park – Smile Guaranteed

1 Comments:

At 6:00 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda, Dad here. Great chutney is worth the effort.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home