Sunday, April 15, 2007

Zanzibar Shots

And here they are at last, the fabled pictures of Zanzibar! Just looking at them makes me wish I was back there again! *Sigh*


Amanda anda Bethany after a little sun (or a lot in my case!)


The four interns at MCF Yatta after our holiday


Lindsey, Bethany and Amanda by the Thika River close to MCF Ndalani


Kush and Nyang


Shawn and Amanda. We like to trade shoes sometimes - his idea, not mine. Shawn is quite possibly the cutest little boy I know and definitely one of my favourite kids


Our private boat anchoured off our of our private sandbar. The water really was that colour. It was so perfect for swimming!


Just to prove that I had been there

Bethany displaying our tasty lunch aboard ship - tomato and cucumber sandwiches, mangoes, chips and fresh coconut juice


It's a little hard to see in this pic, but the name of this boat is "Mr. Bean". I found that pretty funny.


This is the rear gate for an old prison that was originally built to hold British prisoners. The fort was primarily used as a quarantine. Now it has been changed into a resort

The view of Stonetown, the largest city in Zanzibar


Our beach on the north shore of the island

Sunset on Zanzibar

The famous fish market feast

Shopping the Zanzibar markets

The infamous Allie Keys who was mentioned in the Africa On A Shoestring guidebook



The view from our guesthouse in Malindi. The tin buildings are the tourist shops


The glassbottom boat that we rode out on to go snorkeling


A camel that we met on the beach at Watamu. For a price you can take a ride on it!

Four very happy interns in one of their airconditioned rooms in Mombasa at the beautiful, newly renovated Castle Royal Hotel

1 Comments:

At 6:50 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK... so I now have added Zanzibar to my list of places that I must travel to in my life time! Wow! Some of these pictures are amazing!

Love ya
Jennifer F.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home