Saturday, February 10, 2007

December Pictures

Amanda with Winnie, Job's wife, two of their children - Christine and Precious, and their cousin Dalu. Winnie is an incredible woman - so encouraging and loving. It was a blessing to spend some time with her.

This is the fruit stand outside of MCF Ndalani. At this particular moment a herd of goats was attempting over overrun the stand.


Colouring time with the Ndalani kids



Lindsey teaching an impromptu ballet lesson for the students at Yatta!

Eating on Christmas day. The woman in the front is Grace, one of Mr. and Mrs. Mulli's biological children. She works for MCF


Mr. Mulli barbequing MCF style


Dickson, the youngest Mulli son, carves off meat from barbequing. And, yes, that is part of the Christmas cow that we had travelled with. Isaac, another son, looks on


Making friendship bracelets with the Yatta girls. They picked it up so quickly!


Amanda with Pastor Josiah, one of our first friends at MCF Ndalani, and someone who has been a great encouragement to us



One of my good friends, Nyang. His name means "crocodile." He had a teacher name him that becuase he is a very good swimmer. His English name is David.

The three Mulli sons - Dickson, Kaleli and Isaac - jamming on Christmas Day



Dickson and Amanda putting down some salsa moves at the Christmas Day dance party


Christmas dinner - mmmmm


Amanda about to eat cumbicumbi - termites. Tasty!


Or maybe not so tasty.


Amanda cooking chapattis on Christmas Eve with Monica and Fatima


Amanda teaching a dance lesson to the girls. Definitely cool to dance with 80 other people!


Our friend Dau driving the beat-up MCF pickup truck. Dau has a BA in Sociology and is hoping to do grad work in Canada



7 Comments:

At 8:05 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,Dad here and I've just finished reading your most recent blog postings (Feb.10).You put together a very informative and entertaining newsletter. I really enjoyed it.Miss you,love Dad.

 
At 6:52 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda,

Just got you blog address. I have never been on a blog before. This is amazing. It is good to see pictures of you. IT is cool what God is doing through you.I really miss you. Zanzibar sounds so amazing. I am going to take some of these pictures and make a power point to show the kids on Sunday. I have been and will continue to pray for you.

Jayne
PS I am sending your letter of reference this week!

 
At 5:44 p.m. , Blogger Jennifer Salter said...

Hey Amanda,
My mom just told me that you had this site.. I am totally bummed that I didn't know about it before now. I just spent the past 30 minutes or so checkig out all the stuff that you've been up too. Sounds like you're having fun and making a real difference! I miss you so much and I am really looking forward to your return home so that I can hear about it all in person. I claim first rights to you for coffee when you get back to canada!
Love you girl!!!
Jennifer

 
At 1:20 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Amanda!
I remembered to check out your blog while still at school! Fancy that - I am so incredibly good at productive procrastination! (Report cards are due on Monday.)
I would also like to claim some coffee rights when you return! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!
Thanks for your faithful writings!
Allison

 
At 11:16 a.m. , Blogger Amanda Jones said...

Hello all,
I think you're going to have to fight off my family for coffee rights! Or we could make it into some type of competition. Could be very entertaining!

Thanks for posting all the comments! I will have some more blogs to post soon. Right now I'm in Zambia visiting Bethany and Dave, so there will be some more stories to write about and of course, more pictures to post...including the Zanzibar pics!

Bye for now!

Amanda

 
At 4:41 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,

We're really enjoying your blog stories. They're very funny and entertaining.

We love you and miss you, but understand you're doing something very extraordinary with your life.

Mom and Dad

 
At 10:12 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda,
I was missing you and so I decided to read through your blog again. I hope you are enjoying your last couple of months in Kenya. I am looking forward to seeing you again soon. I tried calling but I always get a Kenyan operator. Anyways, I hope all is well.
Lyndsay

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home